It took you years of hard work and dedication to earn your physical therapy license, but it was worth it: Now, you have the ability to use your expertise to help people rebuild their lives after traumatic injuries.
Unfortunately, many physical therapists are facing the need to rebuild their reputations after license challenges and career setbacks, too. Losing your license is a big deal. As a result of license revocation, your future as a healthcare professional is in jeopardy.
With creativity, a strong dedication to personal growth, and the Professional License Defense Team at your side, it's possible to overcome these obstacles.
Why Do Physical Therapists Lose Their Licenses?
Often, physical therapist license suspensions are associated with serious misconduct involving patient safety.
However, non-serious reasons can lead to temporary license suspension, too. These can be surprising and (even though the reason may seem trivial) lead to long-term consequences if you don't deal with them properly.
For example, physical therapists may lose their licenses due to:
- Failure to renew their licenses on time
- Incomplete license application documentation
- Failure to meet CEU requirements
- Inappropriate social media behavior
- Minor professional boundary violations
- Repeated tardiness or absenteeism
- Failure to manage paperwork properly
What happens if a physical therapist faces license suspension for these or for more serious allegations?
Successful Career Rebound Stories (And Creative Solutions to License Challenges)
In our years of helping physical therapists regain their licenses and rebuild their careers, we've seen firsthand the propensity of healthcare professionals to think outside the box, improve their ability to serve patients and enjoy fulfilling careers after license challenges.
For example, we've seen physical therapists:
- Face license suspension after medication errors, pursue additional training in medication management, petition successfully for license reinstatement, and pursue work as patient advocates
- Get their licenses revoked after billing irregularities before pursuing roles in healthcare consulting and part-time clinical work after license reinstatement
- Experience professional setbacks after professional misconduct, refuse to allow those challenges to define their careers, and go on to found wellness centers connecting patients to holistic rehabilitation services.
The message to remember is this:
Enjoying your career after license challenges is possible, but you need to be agile and creative.
You also need to be able to leverage specific knowledge of your state's physical therapist licensing regulations.
That's where the Lento Law Firm Team can assist.
Require Help Rehabilitating Your Career as a Physical Therapist?
If you're hoping to move past a career challenge like a license suspension or revocation as smoothly as possible, you'll need to take a strategic approach.
You'll also need to act quickly to mitigate the potential damage to your reputation. That's why you need to retain the experienced Professional License Defense Team at the Lento Law Firm. Our team has years of experience supporting the needs of professionals nationwide. If you seek license reinstatement, no matter where you are in the country, the Professional License Defense Team is ready to assist.